Glenn Crawford, is an entrepreneur/designer with an extensive background in design, service, journalism, art, communications and marketing. Born in Edmonton, Alberta, he was raised and has lived in Ottawa, Ontario, since the age of three.
A literal Jack Of All Trades, Crawford has an education in small business management and Web design, and has worked as an illustrator, retail manager, teacher, journalist, events coordinator, graphic designer and a communications officer before finally heading his own company, Jack Of All Trades Design in 2003. He also proudly served as the chair for the Village Committee, from its foundation in 2006 until 2012—when Village street signs were successfully installed along Bank Street in downtown Ottawa.
Crawford loves his work and it shows! He enjoys putting all his many skills to use to make innovative, exciting and eye-catching designs and making his clients thrilled with the results. His friendly, supportive style makes his clients feel at ease and feel confident in his workmanship and professionalism.
Enjoying the process of design and creativity, he prefers to leave his ego at the door and welcomes clients’ suggestions and requests in the attempt to create a final product that is 100% satisfactory. Glenn Crawford loves a challenge and enjoys working on unique projects that allow him to think outside the box.
In 2013, Crawford celebrated his 10th anniversary in business as owner of Jack Of All Trades Design. He has built up a wealth of experience and an impressive portfolio of work, designing thousands of printed and online projects for such prestigious clients as the Lung Association, Canadian AIDS Society, Canadian Federation of Sexual Health, Ottawa Police Services and Gallery 101, where he also works part-time as a designer, events coordinator and media/communications officer.
- started own successful graphics and Web design company boasting a growing client list of almost 140 businesses and individuals
- hired as part-time designer, communications officer and events coordinator for over three years at a local art gallery
- worked as a full-time journalist and freelance columnist for three Ottawa papers, writing articles on political, social and cultural issues, filling in as temporary editor for over two months while supervisor was on sick leave
- as graphic designer for a periodical, created hundreds of ads, sales sheets, forms… even a complete 44-page business directory
- gained teaching experience in the field of Web design and the Internet; received positive feedback from both students and supervisors
- took a comprehensive course in Web site design; continuing to learn more software applications to improve skills; obtained certificate in Small Business Management; graduated with honours
- over ten years experience in retail; promoted to co-managing roles in multi-million dollar bookstores with staff of over 80
Jack Of All Trades Design
Freelance graphic/Web designer/entrepreneur
Part-time designer/communications officer/events coordinator
MagnéTouch Media/MiniPlus Phone Directory
Part-time graphic designer
Making Scenes Queer Film and Video Festival
Communications, graphics and web designer
Pink Triangle Press/Capital Xtra
News reporter/graphic designer
The Toronto School of Business: Ottawa Campus
Web site design
Maintained a 98.66% average in program
Algonquin College: Woodroffe Campus
Small business management
Graduated with honours